Non-Berserk VCTF Server (Fun Wars)  (Read 323 times)

Ekulz

Non-Berserk VCTF Server (Fun Wars)
« on: Yesterday at 10:35 »
Hi all,

If you didn't know already, Piglet has kindly added a non-berserk VCTF server for those of us that don't like the spam and game style and old timers who want to experience the game-type like it was in the old days. It is more challenging to cap as you can't down 3 enemies in 10 seconds and therefore you must work more as a team using voice comms.

The server can be accessed by adding this I.P to your server favorites: ut2004://80.4.151.145:4777.

After speaking to many players old and new across both warfare and freon, there is a consensus for non-berserk VCTF so I have a proposition to get things started...  ;D

I am thinking of organising a weekly fun war consisting of teams 5v5, 6v6 or however many we can get to play the best of 7 maps (kinda like clan wars used to be years ago, but less serious). We can base the winning team either on the most caps or number of wins. Each team can utilise Discord for voice comms in separate channels. The team with the most wins takes the weekly throne and bragging rights. We can start this as once per week and then increase it if the demand is there. Who knows... people might actually prefer to play in the non-berserk server eventually.

Teams can be organised based on VCTF PPH and Freon stats so they appear fair and we can scramble them each week to keep things interesting.

I am thinking of Wednesday at 8pm GMT as an initial time, but we can change to suit the majority of players if needed.

If you'd be interested in playing, please post below along with your preferred day (if inconvenient). Also, feel free to suggest any mods/maps you would like added and we can consider adding them too.

I would like to stream these matches to help grow our long standing community and encourage older players to come back to the game, but worried people will share the flag location  :))
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:38 by Ekulz »

Grim_Fandango

Re: Non-Berserk VCTF Server (Fun Wars)
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:53 »
Cheers, I'm in.
20:00 GMT is good +/- 2hrs weekdays.  Weekends anything goes.
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 14:13 »
Hmm - I'd have to switch the balancer off to allow people to sort out teams manually.

Ekulz

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 14:23 »
Hmm - I'd have to switch the balancer off to allow people to sort out teams manually.

Yes please do that - it shouldn't be an issue if we agree the teams before each match  :)

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 16:09 »

You’d probably want to enable click to ready up as well so matches don’t start before the teams are setup.

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 16:27 »
Let's see how it gets used and take it from there

sup

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 17:02 »
Servers without berserk is unfortunately a big disadvantage for high ping players, but I'll test it. Is the netcode active there?

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 19:12 »
Seems OK, the slow fire rate will take some getting to though.
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

jiRNGen

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 23:37 »
Servers without berserk is unfortunately a big disadvantage for high ping players, but I'll test it. Is the netcode active there?

Non bersek server means it will takes only 53 hp damage on full shield jump and 20 hp on single shield hit. Let's climb all walls from flag to flag in maps like halfpipes,spacestations,magnet,facesingass,venis, magisfun and any maps ,with walls. spacestation you would be able to bersek combo spam and even capture twice before having low hp same for magnet and venis.

sup

« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:40 »

Non bersek server means it will takes only 53 hp damage on full shield jump and 20 hp on single shield hit. Let's climb all walls from flag to flag in maps like halfpipes,spacestations,magnet,facesingass,venis, magisfun and any maps ,with walls. spacestation you would be able to bersek combo spam and even capture twice before having low hp same for magnet and venis.

yeah, you brought up some good points, you know how to seduce me
who are you btw, Jaggi?

but I have a better idea, what if the shield jump damage just went back to how it was a few years ago on the current server? xD

tbh I would prefer a mode without weapons, just shields, you can only shieldjump and kill others in a humiliating way with shield, that would be epic

#makeshieldjumpsnotwar