KF-Octagon map...  (Read 6704 times)

Snipe34

Re: KF-Octagon map...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 14:14 »
Nice for single player.  You do realize, because all the spawns are visible it would not work in multi with more than 2 players at least.

Thanks for taking the time man!

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 16:40 »
 :( To Snipe34,

You do realize, because all the spawns are visible it would not work in multi with more than 2 players at least.
I did not know that! Really. How can I fix it?

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 19:18 »
:( To Snipe34,

You do realize, because all the spawns are visible it would not work in multi with more than 2 players at least.
I did not know that! Really. How can I fix it?

Somehow you need to hide at least some zombieVolumes - so zombies will always spawn out of player view.  I had that problem with happyHour (with large numbers of players scattered all over the map -all in sight of zombieVolumes- no zombies came) which is why I made zombieVolumes at either end of the road and hid them with antiportals). Sorry, I'm not entirely sure about spawning behind antiportals but seems to work with HH...  I tried it with airport1 but that seemed to fail.

So hiding them in Octagon, tough one...  Easiest way probably, make a building above (unreachable by players) with a hole in the bottom so zs can drop down.  Then maybe elevators from platform to ground, for players/zombies.  I'm thinking strategy here, so zombies spawn from above forcing players groundward - occasional noob (or me lol) along one of the plats and has to jump.  Or you could make it tougher - buildings on the ground from which zombies spawn.  But the building above would be the fail-safe, which players can never see into, from there zs can always spawn.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:00 »
 ;D To Snipe34,

Easiest way probably, make a building above (unreachable by players) with a hole in the bottom so zs can drop down.
Okay. Or I can put walls on the top platform so players won't see zombies spawn.

Or you could make it tougher - buildings on the ground from which zombies spawn
I tried putting zombie volumes at the bottom but when I do, they only seem to spawn at the bottom! And sometimes they don't climb the ladders.

I'll just put the walls up. And see what happens. Thanks for your helpful infos!