Hello from {OCS}  (Read 6551 times)

[TKC]MasterSeal

Hello from {OCS}
« on: December 29, 2009, 22:47 »
Hello all it\'s Formerly {-M3-}MasterSeal, now {OCS}MasterSeal coming in to say hello!!! I wish you all luck in your KF endeavors.

We\'re currently doing only COD4 and newer games as I\'ve gotten very proficient in coding and scripting for that engine as well as a few others. big into Section 8 and a few more..

Just wanted to say hello as Raj has emailed me a few times. I haven\'t had much chance to get back to you, as the holidays and family things have kept me quite occupied. don\'t be a stranger, stop by our site sometime and say hello!!

www.OutCastSnipers.com  

...Seal...
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!!!

[MiA]Strel0k

Re: Hello from {OCS}
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 16:08 »
Hiz {OCS}MasterSeal thanks for register and stop by into our forums...feel free to ask about kf 2.51-R or whatever u like  ;)

We hope to see you Raping some zombies around here, so cheers mate, welcome to our forums.

Pablo

Snipe34

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:32 »
Played on your servers quite a few times - and I got told off for defending you on the old KF forums ^^

[MiA]Pepe

• Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 01:27 »
Hey I played on the seal server too... I even registered on the seal site lol... coll to sse ppl  coming back to play o/

Over n out.

[TKC]MasterSeal

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 19:12 »
-BUMP- From formerly Seal{SP}....back then, thanks for the support, even though Alex was an idiot. We even helped out TripWire with the first few versions of the Whitelist for maps and made alot of our own custom maps in [LT] when the game first went retail. we were just as successful if not more with the retail than the MOD:) it's been months since we've played the game, and have been huge into L4D 1/2 franchise etc. but if you guys are still workin' on the mod...we're excited.

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I have good news, and I'm needing to come here to post it.

We're currently downloading the new version of KF to see what you guys have done to it. I thank you for your work as I'm too busy with COD4, BBC2, and other games in coding, scripting and admin-ing to fool with this. HOWEVER. we've just put up a new UT2004 -OSOK- sniper and FreezeTag server, both customized by myself.

I pulled out the Old 8-gig dvd containing the {SP} KF server in it's full capacity when it was running UT2Vote and all the cool mutators successfully, the same week it pulled in 900+ individual players in less than 6 days. I installed it on my home-server, which is where Seal's Place KF started in the first place with 8 slots, and went to 25 slots there was such a huge response. as a couple of you have said, you do remember us:) I'm so glad to be back I guess you could say.

I'll get to the point. if we like the changes, would you give us your blessing to run my Seal{SP} server, only in our {OCS} clan, using the new version of KF plus our mods? I think this could be fun:) I hope to hear from you soon. please visit us at www.outcastsnipers.com soon!! we'd love to have you..

Kind Regards,
{OCS}MasterSeal
Founder-Out- Cast Snipers mutli-game Sniper Clan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 19:14 by {OCS}MasterSeal »

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 20:53 »
Lol, helped out tripwire, so it was you giving me a hard time with the Gothic bridge - I shoulda just rebuilt it.

Great to see you going up in the world.  I don't think Alex was an idiot, but I couldn't understand why he wouldn't let people have fun with KF in their own way.  And as I said above, I got blasted for putting that opinion on the old KF forums :/

Anyway, Seal, good to see ya!!

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 21:13 »
Hi Seal.
I don't really think KF needs mods, atleast not stuff like double/quad jumping like in your old server.

But good to see you back in the Unreal scene. By OSOK you mean that clan?
Anyway, i'll check your server out when i get time. I miss sniping/freezetag :)

[TKC]MasterSeal

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:40 »
It's good to be back. and I have to say the beauty of being human is that we all don't have to agree. there's a reason when the 2.5 version came out that my server had over 900 hits in less than a week:) it was the mods:) it made the game play so much more exciting and less boring, and definitely more options than walking around and getting creamed by the same zombies over and over again, in the same paths, in the same ways etc. besides. I had alot more than the quad and double jump mods. I had the excellent map voting, server ads, TEAM RADAR which was a HUGE thing for everyone that played it. people couldn't stop raving about how cool that was, as well as zounds I'd put in that were tailored to the game, etc. I just know how to setup fun servers. it's what I do.  oh and the radar thing; it was so nice to know where your team mates were on alot of our custom maps that we built which were very popular and huge. Besides. I had edited the waves in ways no one else had at the time. the zombs were so hard, they'd stack themselves to get you 2-3 high, so the double jump was a needed feature. there's nothing worse than playing a video game, and you can't jump up on a rock. how lame.:) No one can deny that my server was a blast to play on, just like Id' intended. the logs spoke for themselves when I posted them for everyone to see on the KF forums a couple years ago.  oh and the alex an idiot thing? he was too diluted with a mod that he didn't even code. that was all Marco for the most part.
and he was so cocky over a MOD that the Intellectual properties were always owned by EPIC that was so full of bugs I'd have been embarrassed to publish. but. each to his own. He also treated people that wanted to help him out poorly, yeah. that's an idiot for sure. Tripwire only held him on as an advisor, and never asked him for anything because according to TW's own [TW]Xienen, who I was in contact with daily he was more a pain in the rear than he was worth. lol. that to me is just hilarious.

you guys remind me of the rest of the MOD community for KF. they never woke up to the truth. the mod needed alot of work, and alot of improvement to be a real game. Everyone just wanted to be a hater, because they wanted to stick with the old stanky lame game that alex envisioned, and marco (oh and Zynthetic) created. Thank God Tripwire got ahold of it and achieved what they did with it after getting it away from Alex and doing what they do best and that's make GREAT games.

after playing the mod today, I remembered how primitive, and un-professional looking it is, and much prefer the retail with iron sighted weapons, more realistic looking Zeds, and much better perk system, and many more killer weapons, new monsters etc. you just can't beat what TW did to it. Alex had a good idea. Tripwire perfected it.

I didn't really see much change in game play with your 2 version updates. yes I saw some code was helped along a little bit, but the weapons are still dull and inaccurate, still the reloading glitch in the Winchester, which is now the lever action rifle in the retail version and much more balanced as far as power, no iron sighting in weapons that you always use the sights like there should be. I have to say I was quite disappointed in the updates or lack there-of. it plays like the same old game, 'cept for you changed the menu music, which ruined the old nostalgia of the original game, more than any mutators that add game play challenge and fun could. we'll see if you guys get even close to 900 people on your server in less than a week. I hope you do, it was an exciting experience to say the least. and it was only supposed to be a side project compared to the other stuff I'm doing.

I will definitely be busting some ZED heads, but only in the retail version that still has hundreds of people playing it, a better game, and engine all around, If I'm not basking in COD4:)

No offense intended, as you shared your opinions, I shared mine, this wasn't intended as an insult, just basking in the truth and some good ol' clean hard facts.

I will seriously say this. good luck in anything you choose to do:) I think you did do some good in putting out more versions of this MOD, even though it's totally dead, but I still think it's got potential if you polish it up quite a bit. So with that said,  I'll still drop in and say hello every once in awhile and if you would allow me the pleasure to do so, check our your KF server when I can.
Thank you for your time, and again, allowing me to voice my opinions, in response to yours. No Harm intended.

Kind Regards,
{OCS}MasterSeal
Founder, Coder, Scriptor, Web-Author, Lead Admin
Out-Cast Snipers Multi-Game Sniper Clan.
www.OutCastSnipers.com

...Seal...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:44 by {OCS}MasterSeal »

[MiA]afx0r

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 02:21 »
To MasterSeal
if u pay me the license of ut2k4 engine and hours of work I'll make it look professional... but you have to remember it's a mod. Not a final product for selling. And Twi made 15 patches to get the kf fixed and there're still lot of bugs.
It's my opinion but really i do not care what other ppl say. If you have something better just code it or redo the animations, etc... we're not a company, only a few guys that wanted to have the mod with less bugs. First at all i didn't want to publish any stuff... i kept it to myself for playing with my friends. But well I have seen some ppl still play the mod, so we released our stuff. If you don't like or anyone don't like the mod, just don't play it, buy KF twi.
That's all i have to say... I'm not planning to discuss about this stuff in the future.

c'ya around  ;D

[TKC]MasterSeal

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 11:16 »
Fair enough:). remember, my post wasn't meant as personal insults, just opinions shared in the same vein as you all shared yours concerning alex and my server:) and as I'd said in my post, I already own the retail game, and have played it extensively. TW did a fine job with little to no bugs. I know because I ran a server with it with 38 custom maps that we ([LT]) built and 12 custom mods, including a perk ranking mod that was white listed by TW themselves. The retail version is a blast to say the least.

In closing I will say this: I think it's neat that you guys are attempting to keep this mod alive. I played it for many months, spent many hours on getting the server I had to run correctly etc. I will definitely enjoy coming back to play it a bit with you guys, just for old-time's sake if nothing more. The mod is still fun, even if it is primitive compared to it's Retail version, regardless. Thanks for the work you did do and I'm glad you guys are here:)

...Seal...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:23 by {OCS}MasterSeal »

[MiA]afx0r

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 03:58 »
hahaha yeah I know, you weren't insulting or being meant.
Some ppl like to drive old cars with modifications, etc, etc. It's not trying to keep alive the mod. Just for fun, hobbie or whatever you want to call it.
It just something we did in our spare time. It might have bugs, problems, stuffs that ppl don't like, but it's our work.
Other ppl can do their patches and run their server with own modifications, mutators, new gfx, etc. Well that's what we did. We're not related to the Game industry, just a bunch of guys trying to do something funny in our free time.
The funny thing is by doing this, we created a small community and we have fun playing in the server, posting stuffs in the forum, fighting each other and those kind of stuffs.
I personally have no problems with other members, person, clans. I respect people opinions.

Thanks for your post Seal
C'ya around