KF Mod Version 3 - progress  (Read 158582 times)

Vasdamas

• And cities will fall to dust...
Re: KF Mod Version 3 - progress
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56 »
And he figured out the code for storymode.
Does it mean that we will have new story mode like in KF 1.0?  :)

If it's , there is another question then...will it bassed on the first old mission?

P.S I dont see the point of adding vehicles to KF. It will ruin fun the game , just like in retail with vehicles mutator =/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 10:59 by Vasdamas »
"Мой разум - основа моего поведения , а мое сердце – мой закон.Мне столь же мало нужен Бог, как я - ему"

[MiA]Slim_Cognito

• you got a ship that needs some... improvements??
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:48 »
And he figured out the code for storymode.
Does it mean that we will have new story mode like in KF 1.0?  :)

If it's , there is another question then...will it bassed on the first old mission?

P.S I dont see the point of adding vehicles to KF. It will ruin fun the game , just like in retail with vehicles mutator =/

i think vehicles would be a good thing....

but check if they are overpowered(if the car from nightfall map(or something like that) wouldn't get stuck all the time it'd be the ultimate weapon)

u could add a fix time, that every once in a while ur car breaks down and u got to weld it to get it back on again.(of course there are a lot of variations on this theme, like fuel or something like that)

or maybe u could add a 1 on 100 chance of a zomb getting stuck in the weels of the car, permanently disabling it(or reducing it's speed in such a way that it's almost useless)

0:)

Snipe34

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 14:47 »
Thanks NewGuy  ;D

eta of V3, Dakoslug, wish I knew so we have this progress report and Q&A in the meantime...

Vasdamas "Does it mean that we will have new story mode like in KF 1.0?"

Like KF 1 except for online multiplayer - meaning many players online can play a mission map - similar to Hive or Horztal except players can respawn.  For map makers I will need to do a tutorial on placing repawn positions.  I will do that after Hamada gives me all the details.  Currently I heard he's fixing code for the new weapons.

"If it's , there is another question then...will it bassed on the first old mission?"
The 'first old mission' map would have to be modified with respawn points.  For the mapper, respawn points should be strategically placed so that players must fight to reach that point.  If someone survives to the next respawn point, then dead players can respawn - the game, or mission map continues.

I agree, a death machine splattering zombies kinda negates the point of KF.  I think the easiest code option for Hamada would be the vehicle does minor damage or no damage - it only pushes zombies away, also like before zombies can destroy the vehicle.  Welding it to fix it, and not overpowered as Slim says are great ideas for making missions more interesting.

V3 Progress - the M202 is about finished but the code needs to be fixed by Hamada.  With my r/s code rockets stick into walls and disappear after a few seconds.  The explosion leaves a round black area that slows my 3mghz dual to about 4 frames per second xd  Other than the everything is ok  :D

I also added more animations to MrsC, and realizing she looks very naked, (love is blind I guess xd) I tried to make her look more gruesome.  I haven't seen her in action (only the sequences I've animated)  So Hamada is writing - will be writing that code for her.

He's working hard, I am - we'll keep you posted!

Vasdamas

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 18:07 »
Slim_Cognito Maybe. But it's all very hard to code.

I personally support idea of stationary gun. It have existed in KF since the first version of this mode.
And it is still useless .... ::)

Like KF 1 except for online multiplayer - meaning many players online can play a mission map - similar to Hive or Horztal except players can respawn.  For map makers I will need to do a tutorial on placing repawn positions.  I will do that after Hamada gives me all the details.  Currently I heard he's fixing code for the new weapons.
Fuck yeah!
What about hardcore element? I hope there will not be any traders or something like that...
I really liked to loot ammo and other things over the map in old kf mode =)

I agree, a death machine splattering zombies kinda negates the point of KF.  I think the easiest code option for Hamada would be the vehicle does minor damage or no damage - it only pushes zombies away, also like before zombies can destroy the vehicle.  Welding it to fix it, and not overpowered as Slim says are great ideas for making missions more interesting.
I suggest that there are should be  3 vehicles in  KF (imo)
1)Stationary gun (I mentioned above^)
2)Jeep/hammer with stationary gun
3)Some kind of armored troop-carrier. (for missions or really hard maps)

Im looking forward for your next post =)

"Мой разум - основа моего поведения , а мое сердце – мой закон.Мне столь же мало нужен Бог, как я - ему"

Snipe34

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 02:27 »
Thanks =D

I think there is a "no trader" mut.. but a mapper can choose to place or not place a trader.  Like Pix's OldeTower - only 1 trader at the end of his map.

The stationary Browning code is giving Hamada nightmares, but he's determined to fix it.

I was thinking of mounting a gun on the Pinzgauer, and yep thinking about an armour troop-carrier ^^  So Pinz1 open truck, Pinz2 with gun, and 3, armoured troop carrier.  Make a vehicle with a mounted gun is something I have to learn...

Placing stuff in maps will be for mappers for their style of mission map... I'll be doing tutorials later!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:30 by Snipe34 »

Vasdamas

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41 »

I was thinking of mounting a gun on the Pinzgauer, and yep thinking about an armour troop-carrier ^^  So Pinz1 open truck, Pinz2 with gun, and 3, armoured troop carrier.  Make a vehicle with a mounted gun is something I have to learn...
Hm,

There was an Hellbender in old ut2004...It looks like a jeep with gun.
Maybe you just modify it's skin and model?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:12 by Vasdamas »

Snipe34

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45 »
Hellbender is ok.  Modifying texture would be about equal work to making a new one because most of the work is in the texture. So I'd prefer to make our own vehicle.  But the code would probably be the Hellbender modified.

razor

• Cowkiller2000
    • razor66100
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 13:36 »
can u add a tank? it would have to be 20k or 40k.maybe a leopard 2?

Snipe34

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 01:44 »
can u add a tank? it would have to be 20k or 40k.maybe a leopard 2?

lol I was also thinking about that, so now you mention it I think a little more.  A tank, sure a Leopard2 would widen the Mod's scope - if it only pushes the zombies out of the way... maybe a little damage to them, would be a challenge.  And it would be only placeable for storymode. 

Storymode and Survival I guess you realize will be two completely different modes.  Survival will stay pretty much as it is except for a couple of new weaps and various other improvements by Hamada.

As above in another post - I made the invisible texture for Mrs Clamely.  She'll be in survival mode.  I'm not sure which wave. She'll also be available for storymode mappers to place as well.

Our new Trader.  And parts of other Traders will appear in V3... (bodily parts) I don't think our new Trader likes competition.   ???

rough footage because in-game the pictures will be narrower maybe better finished.

Escapee Trader before she found KF:

Trader as she is today - she lost her right eye somehow, probably knitting or something with needles maybe.  Anyway she looks a little happier with her present work.  It's nice to be wanted  :-X
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:51 by Snipe34 »

[MiA]Slim_Cognito

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 06:16 »

also very widely know for her prison tattooing skills?

imyourmomma

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 15:39 »
Can you maybe add a gps or something showing where the trader is?

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 19:20 »
 :-[  To im your momma,

Can you maybe add a gps or something showing where the trader is?
Or Snipe24/Hamada can use a BIG arrow on top of the trader for all to see!

[MiA]Slim_Cognito

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 19:40 »
i don't think we should add that, for it will only make it more ugly and take up time while in most maps u will find the trader pretty easy and you only have to find her once and you will remember and there is always someone that knows.

Snipe34

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 00:52 »
I agree with Slim.  And yep, a nasty tat on her face.  Anyone notice Trader Wanted Posters...?  So obviously our new Trader doesn't want Big Arrows advertising her location.  Sure she'll miss out on some business and noobs will get lost (as I often do :/) but thems the breaks in war.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:03 by Snipe34 »

Vasdamas

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 14:47 »
Hello again.

I played KF 2.1 yesterday and found some things which were not added to current KF version  :-[

Here are my new suggestions to next version.
1st  Ninja soldier skin from kf 2.1 (link)
I like this one and would like to see it in kf 2.3

2nd Old Bullup model from KF2.1 (link)
It looks really awesome and much more realistic than current bullup model

3rd Zeds' tracking heads from KF2.1 (link)
I was like "WTH?! They are watching me!  ???" when I saw it for the first time xD
It also adds some horror effects (imo) :P

And the 4th suggestion is old horde howl.
I remember that howl in KF 1.0 when wave spawns. It could scary shit out of me sometimes  :D (especially when I forgot to buy ammo)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 14:48 by Vasdamas »