KF Mod Version 3 - progress  (Read 158593 times)

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
Re: KF Mod Version 3 - progress
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2012, 21:19 »
The only thing that really kept me from buying the Retail version was that it costs money xD
I can't purchase anything off Steam until I get a job anyway, plus KF Retail isn't run well by my PC :(
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

N3Cr0

« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2012, 21:27 »
Yes, first: I don't like to pay money for a game, and second: I would never install a game which requires Steam.
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2012, 21:29 »
My biggest problem with Steam aside from what I mentioned already is that you have to be logged in to play your games (even offline games). I don't know if they fixed that yet, but I remember people complaining about it in that aspect.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Snipe34

« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2012, 21:46 »
Thanks for your understanding.

Yep, you can use it offline.

No money involved.  I just want SM finished, so in one way it's a dream come true.  But I do have opinions as to how KF should run, particularly for Europeans.
Big money for KF version on Steam, na, it's pretty reasonable - not that I'm here selling it.  Whole lot of stuff intended for mapper modder types, but yep, also dlc if you like that.  I was in it today and saw happyhour and took a look  ???  Couple of guys were on a hedge facing endless monsters, was some weird deviation of KF...  I died twice left.  Then, players on 2 different buildings.  Game aim: destroy the opposite building (and there are FPs on the streets below). Demolishing your opponents building and you win.  You start with grenade launcher and pieces of building are flying in all directions.  Was fun.

I have a friends on Steam when I used to play L4Dead and I haven't been there for a while so it was good.

Little tired just now, been talking to people all over the place, talk windows flashing, Skype, Steam, Xfire @.@

I'll let you know how it's going!

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2012, 11:33 »
 O:-) To Snipe34,

I am sorry to hear about the Tripwire incident for a newer version, but I AM happy to hear that you are actually having dialogues with the main man himself, AJ Quick! And getting coding help with their (Killing Floor Retail) coder. Blessing in disguise.

And YES, please keep us INFORMED! Talking about informed, I made changes in Wikipedia and Wiki for KF. Click here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Floor_(mod), and here - http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Killing_Floor_(modification).

Also KF in ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-floor.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #425 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51 »
Sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you talked to TW and they didn't just sue you for developing the mod ^^

I probably won't buy retail. I mean retail isn't that bad... I would just have to redo all my maps :D
Also KF Mod is somewhat nostalgic and I wouldn't want to replace it with a new game.

Off Topic: I still don't see the problem with steam. Getting 30 Games for like 50€ (+ a game that would cost 45€ anyway), I don't see the problem  :D

N3Cr0

« Reply #426 on: April 04, 2012, 15:58 »
Off Topic: I still don't see the problem with steam. Getting 30 Games for like 50€ (+ a game that would cost 45€ anyway), I don't see the problem  :D

IMO Steam is a piece of spying bloatware. When I got a game I want to run is out of the box and set all settings ingame (or by modifying cfg files if really needed).

@ Darkelarious:
As I know it's a closed project so Snipe should send you his latest "SVN".
IMO if you really want to help developing after all, you should change the name of the mod and someone should replace the other resources.
The code is inside the game files and can be recompiled, but unfortunately all these commandline parameters from the ucc binary only work under Windows. In the Linux version there are only the server functions.

Snipe34

« Reply #427 on: April 05, 2012, 20:14 »
Yep, well I was in-game with Alex&co testing and he asked me to leave so that his friends could join...

I could hardly complain, he's the man and it's his community, even if I think he's bad mannered.  There was always some tension so I thought screw this, I don't have to feel tense and get head fucked.

So back to the mod, probably Krieg Frieden und Zombies... a good name for a new mod?

N3Cr0

« Reply #428 on: April 05, 2012, 20:20 »
So back to the mod, probably Krieg Frieden und Zombies... a good name for a new mod?

Let me suggest to let the story take part in Germany. New weapons: M4 or G36, Panzerfaust, Potato cannon.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #429 on: April 05, 2012, 22:38 »
 :( To Snipe34,

Yeh, that Germany thing is worth a look see. DEAD WINTER anyone?

Also, just to be fair to Alex, he did let me edit the Killing Floor Mod on ModDB. That is why I was able to post the NEWS on KF V3.

Snipe34

« Reply #430 on: April 06, 2012, 04:11 »
:( To Snipe34,

Yeh, that Germany thing is worth a look see. DEAD WINTER anyone?

Also, just to be fair to Alex, he did let me edit the Killing Floor Mod on ModDB. That is why I was able to post the NEWS on KF V3.

"NEWS" that spread across the world rather quickly  :D