KF Mod Version 3 - progress  (Read 163620 times)

Snipe34

Re: KF Mod Version 3 - progress
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2012, 04:47 »
Hello ! Nice work you guys are doing here! Good luck and don't give up !! :)

Progress is slow because there's no coder, but I'm trying to learn.  Other than that with textures, meshes, animations i have no problem.  And I moved on to UDK which is much easier to work with and looks 100% better.  BUT, it still has code - similar to UTk4.  Probably I can fix UTk4 version 3 retrospectively.

Also we have to move house because the rent is too much, so nice distraction from coding XD

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2012, 21:36 »
Gotta love UT and Direct 3D :D

Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

N3Cr0

« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2012, 21:50 »
Looks like Direct 5D XD
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2012, 10:31 »
 :-[ To Snipe34,

Any chance you can release the BETA for the public use? Looks like these guys have been waiting for so long. It was suppose to be released this month.

Besides I added info on Killing Floor Mod WIkipedia of KF V3 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Floor_%28mod%29. And Killing Floor Mod wiki - http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Killing_Floor_%28modification%29.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2012, 16:47 »
I seriously just watched 4 different people edit it, remove it, and throw it all over the place xD
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2012, 11:08 »
 :P To Sonar,

I seriously just watched 4 different people edit it, remove it, and throw it all over the place
I think it's settled now. I haven't seen any more changes in the addition of KF V3 article. Also check out Killing Floor Mod Wiki - http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Killing_Floor_(modification).

Anyways, I thought I'd mention to Snipe34 IF he can make more characters for the player. Give us more options - http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=55.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:17 by poompoom500 »

[MiA]Zaid

• Boom headshot
    • Storm98
« Reply #411 on: March 19, 2012, 12:15 »
When kf3.0 is out, long time waiting :/

N3Cr0

« Reply #412 on: March 19, 2012, 14:12 »
New music idea: refering to JD's music link http://miasma.org/index.php/topic,528.msg5272.html#msg5272 I found one interesting website:
redscientist.com

Seems like the music there (mainly Industrial and dark ambient) is completely free.
I think I will download a few albums and ask the musicians if we can use it for the next release of Killing Floor.

Snipe34

« Reply #413 on: March 19, 2012, 22:32 »
When kf3.0 is out, long time waiting :/

Have to fix the storymode code.  I am learning how to code.

Just now using UDK (looks very, very pretty  ;D ) - is very similar to UT2004 - so after I learn code I fix both UT2004/UDK ^^

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #414 on: March 26, 2012, 14:21 »
I don't know very much myself, but I may be able to help (not likely).

O'Neal

Devon00789

• ADHD bomb is happy with your progression!
    • Devon00789
    • Impact9
    • Devon00789
« Reply #416 on: March 28, 2012, 13:13 »
I saw the Challenger 2 tanks, They look insanely overpowered, I hate to ask, but wouldn't it be better to use an APC instead of a tank? Just with a snow plow at the front so we can run over clots with ease!!! That, or make the Behomoth...

Think of a clot that has had their arms combined with a hydraulic hammer, their muscles have been greatly increased in size. Veins are popping out of the chest, arm, and head: black and red veins (twizzlers)!! When he moves, he leaves decal cracks into the ground. His melee is devestating usually a 2 to 1 hit kill. He is a slow mover, but has a huge amount of health. Use modfied versions of the clot sound effects to make his noises, just remember to add a thud when ever he steps.

Snipe34

« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2012, 20:54 »
Ok some news.

Tripwire sent me an email, saying they own the Mod Content and discontinue developing the mod.  They added if I really wanted to, they could talk 'terms' ie: I buy an option.
But fair enough, they bought the mod and well, how'd I feel if I bought a mod and some prick like me kept working on it. ^^   To be honest I should have realized that Tripwire buying the mod meant exactly that: they own the KF name and content, but duh, I didn't think.

They were nice enough and we had dialogue.  It's been decided Tripwire will extend Tripwire Killing Floor to include, Story Mode - as an optional add-on mod is what I understand.  That may change, I don't know.  I told them I'd nearly finished SM apart from GameType and other code details.  That I'm passionate about Story Mode and want it finished.

That explained, they liked the SM idea - some of their people have been pushing for SM too.  And for me, SM has always been the obvious next step in KF Survivial.
Tripwire told Alex (KF creator) to write the Story Mode code.  I sent Alex details of SM requirements that I've gone through with the other coders: player respawns; end game etc and I sent V3 Mod beta.   Another mapper Fel, at Tripwire is also passionate about SM and will be doing maps.  The three of us will finish Story Mode.

Probably this situation isn't totally acceptable to everyone, but I want this finished.  It's been part of my life for several years now.  But so has Miasma which has become a nice place to go with nice people.  If you're interested I can keep you posted.  And I hope you'll be there, somewhere around! when Tripwire releases Story Mode.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2012, 21:01 »
I am actually ok with this :D

I have been an eager waiter for KFv3, and seen a few successes/failures with it while I stood in the sidelines. The way I see it, you did need some help, and as long as you aren't getting in any trouble about this and getting some help to finish it, then that's great! It seems you can almost consider yourself an unpaid TWI employee :P

On the other side, will we be able to continue hosting our KF server? I don't see why not...

Try and convince Alex to come play KFmod with us?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 21:27 by Sonar »

N3Cr0

« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2012, 21:17 »
 :'( KFmod is dead :'(
There is nothing new (except the custom maps) in this branch of the game idea.

Maybe I should get the retail game then, but I always thought it will not be worth it.

OK Snipe, I respect that. Please keep informing us about updates.
IMO you deserve to harvest the fruits of your hard work. If they offer you a deal: just do it!

And all the others: wait for another hero who tries to fork the game and release it with new engine and skins under another name.
(But I guess he will not appear that way)