KF-ArtGallery  (Read 16384 times)

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
KF-ArtGallery
« on: June 20, 2011, 19:01 »
Next map is coming, work in progress. At the moment i finished outside - small street. Next is art gallery (2 floors is playable), shop, etc... but i can't decide: should i make a basement or something like this?

EDIT:

Map is finished.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AL28I3FL
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:05 by Hicks »

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
Re: [WIP]KF-ArtGallery
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 20:21 »
Yaaay, first information...
Well, a basement would be cool. Maybe some kind of storage where old pictures and sculptures are resting?
That would be pretty good, I guess.
The progress is great!

One question:
Do you make the buildings on the street all by yourself ( with brush ) or are they copied...?

N3Cr0

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 20:32 »
The outside reminds me to KF-City-Wide
However, I agree with Vanico's Opinion: a basement would be really cool - maybe with a dark secret inside ;)
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 21:00 »
Do you make the buildings on the street all by yourself ( with brush ) or are they copied...?
There's only 2 bsp buidings. Others is just default KF static meshes.
The outside reminds me to KF-City-Wide
Maybe, because in CityWide and here used default KF meshes... but my map is different of course. At least it's better optimized ;D
a basement would be really cool - maybe with a dark secret inside
Haha, yeah... something like poison gas :D

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51 »
 :-[ To Hicks,

How about up the roof? And maybe a ledge? Make a mover chopper that you can jump in and out of? Have it so that it is real close to the building...

Or you can have the heli up top and have a rope hang from it to the player below so he can climb up and down it?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:53 by poompoom500 »

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:23 »
Interesting idea, but... i prefer a hard map style, you know. More available space for players means less difficulty. And about ropes or chopper, this is possible bugs. I'm not sure about zeds, they might encounter problems with getting to players.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 11:55 »
 :-[ To Hicks,

The roof is a hard place. No escape when you get to the ledge.

Another idea is the earthquake effect. Fissure in the street! And garbage trucks stuck in it. Nowhere to run.

[MiA]Zaid

• Boom headshot
    • Storm98
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 11:59 »
All your map is nice, why not this ?  8)

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 12:38 »
lol
Just answer: do you guys want a basement or not? :-\
I think put there some deadly zones (as i said, this can be poison gas) and maybe "big red button" somewhere in a secret place. Press the button and this kill everyone on the surface :D Wait... this will be like cheating, so no any buttons XD
But you can find some secret places and rewarded.

[MiA]Zaid

• Boom headshot
    • Storm98
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 13:28 »
nice  :o  ;D

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 13:41 »
Is it possible to make a Zone which changes every game randomly?
So you can do a corridor with 3 doors. 2 Doors got traps inside and one door has got a reward (like a law or boomstick).
And the doors change every match. Is this possible.?

Snipe34

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 15:03 »
Basement - players quickly find ideal strategic defence places, so unless the basement offers an advantage it may not be used.  So maybe a street basement entrance, then inside the house its entrance/exit leads up past where zombies would come into the house from above front door, then down into the basement.  Meaning if some players choose the basement as defence they don't get cut off from behind... until maybe later.  If players above die then zombies come down inside the house to basement...

I notice that players quickly find secret places.  They (like money rooms) are probably good near zombie spawns - so zombies walk thru them and shift campers.  Or a spawn somewhere above money rooms so zombies jump down into them muha.

@vanico.  I used that idea in Horztal, the 3 doors by the coffins go to 6 passageways.   The tunnels switch randomly so the player only has access to 3 possible passage way each turn.  But big problem then is pathing for zombies.  I made sure no zombies can enter the 3 doors and 6 passageways area.
I'm saying pathnodes are not sophisticated enough to switch on, switch off.  So when a wall closed off a passageway but is pathed, zombies would probably stand at the wall trying to get thru anyway.  But I'm not sure. I didn't try it with zombies.  Maybe zombies would only follow a path with a player at the end of it...
You're welcome to copy/paste the 3 door, 6 passages thing into your map and experiment.

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 13:18 »
Basement - players quickly find ideal strategic defence places, so unless the basement offers an advantage it may not be used.
I agree. So there's no any basement. Gallery have enough space for defencive maneuvers ;D
Well, map is pretty hard. I made a quick spawn (we need MOAAR ZEDS, muha) and here's no weldable doors in map. Zeds coming from both road directions. Not all windows allow shot thru them, so be careful with law.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20468884/KF-ArtGallery.zip

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: KF-ArtGallery
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 20:40 »
Pretty cool.

Might upload later. Would upload right away, but it takes like 1 minute to upload 1 MB for me. Maybe Snipe will up it.

Snipe34

Re: KF-ArtGallery
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 22:43 »
uploaded ^^