KF-Warehouse  (Read 8290 times)

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
KF-Warehouse
« on: June 23, 2011, 15:55 »
Made a StaticMesh and then used it as a KFDoorMover, then this showed up. Don't know if it's a serious issue, but it gets on my nerves and makes me worry, Any ideas?

A
|
|
L____   that's part of it right there :D
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

N3Cr0

Re: KF-Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 16:38 »
No, but I've tried your map - I wonder how it was be with more ppl
Anyway, I had a spawn bug - the first zombies spawned, but the remaining 21 ones of the first wave were missing :/
However, If you will get it - it would good to add some more stuff - and room ;)

Is this your first map ?
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Snipe34

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 17:41 »
Made a StaticMesh and then used it as a KFDoorMover, then this showed up. Don't know if it's a serious issue, but it gets on my nerves and makes me worry, Any ideas?

Not sure what you did, UT is a bitch best of times >< 
No texture on a part of it probably.
Best to delete and redo.  Use Search to find the NULL.  Double click on the yellow triangle! KFDoorMover1 in Search - that will take you to the object, then press delete.

The process of making Static Meshes from BSP:
First, the area where you create your door or construction should be in a room area: in an already subtracted area like the warehouse area.
Next in 'mid-air' - touching no other BSP make your door size with red brush, then click ADD - result in 2d windows is blue lines.
----Note: a texture must be applied to every surface of that construction - maybe that was your problem with NULL.
But there is another possible reason for the NULL- explained later below...
btw: yellow lines cannot be converted to static meshes---

You can get fancy using bsp - redbrush ADD - you can make curves - say a door handle, even like your number 1 in the warehouse.   Converting fancy curves to static meshes will help game speed.

Anyway, the result: your construction is a lot of blue lines.  Select them all and right click Convert > convertToStaticMesh:
PackageName: Mylevel (always use mylevel - a generic name for your maps internal memory)  and the next 2 boxes whatever names you choose for filing away your map's meshes.

Last, delete the blue BSP construction and replace it with your new staticmesh (then Rebuild so bsp disappears from 3dwindow). 

You must place the new static mesh construction in the map.  If you don't, UT will purge your map's mylevel and it will be gone the next time you load the editor.  That too could be the reason for your NULL.... er, NULL means it exists somewhere, but not where it should >< best explanation i have...
Like I said, if you have NULLs use editor Search, double on them in Search to be taken to them and press delete.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 18:00 »
Anyway, I had a spawn bug - the first zombies spawned, but the remaining 21 ones of the first wave were missing :/
However, If you will get it - it would good to add some more stuff - and room ;)

Is this your first map ?

I've encountered the same problem on my new map.
Is there a way to fix this spawn bug?

Snipe34

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 21:22 »

Is this your first map ?

I've encountered the same problem on my new map.
Is there a way to fix this spawn bug?

In xSonarx' map to fix his zombie spawn problem, I deleted his ZombieVolumes and placed 3 new in a row.  It was a long passage the players can't access so np, 3 in a row, 4 in a row.  I mean your map Insanity, you could have --rather than 2 single huge volumes-- placed probably 4 on each side - four in a row... eight in a row...  But insanity works ok, we'll leave it alone =D

So i'm saying a lot of small say 128x128, as Hicks recommended, ZombieVolumes scattered around the place are the best way to get zombies to spawn.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 21:24 by Snipe34 »

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 21:46 »
Yeah, I was talking about my new map. It works well, only the spawns are messed up. I'll try that, thx!

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04 »

Is this your first map ?

Yep, first.

The spawning thing was my first problem, the one that I complained about 47 times or something.

I was also only designing it for 2-4 people, but I'm making it rather large to accommodate the MiASMA server.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:06 »
INSERT LONG PASSAGE AT BEGINNING HERE

Yeah, I fixed it. What I did was I added the shape with part of it touching the bottom of the floor, so the texture didn't load there.
Don't worry, I knew everything else that you said already ^^

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:09 »
SPEAKING OF WHICH - Recent progress:

The doors I have and am trying to make work (I cant get the KFUseTrigger and DoorMover to work)-(I think the handle is a bit too high, it looks awkward)

My Trader Room (Thinking of dimming lights or something, they shine out into the main room)

View from under the big "1"

View from the exit on the other side of Building 1

Most Recent Shot - Showcasing how I decided to make it a red sky w/ the moon, and I'm planning on tuning the lights in the building to match the sky.

Planned updates:

-   Fixing the sky (darker)
   -   Finishing the first building
   -   Screw that, I'll make my own crate static mesh
   -   Getting the doors to work
   -   Getting those done for next week, the official bump to v0.5!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:46 by xS0NARx »

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 15:44 »
Screens looks nice.
The doors I have and am trying to make work (I cant get the KFUseTrigger and DoorMover to work)
First you should make anims for door. Look in properties, keynum. 2 keys are enough: 1st keynum for a closed state, 2nd keynum for opened. Then set tag to your door, door1, for example. And then set event for usetrigger: Event: door1. If you messed up with door's keynums just delete it and make a new one.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 16:06 »
Looks pretty good from screens.

Trader area is way too bright.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 20:57 »
Yea, dimmed the trader room and edited the moon as well. Stil haven't fixed the doors though, but that's cuz I haven't gotten around to it yet. I know what to do though, so thx guys ^-^

Snipe34

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 21:45 »
An optimized revision of XSonarX map.  If he doesn't like the revision it can be removed from the server.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnyz47kss2sujni

DarkVolva

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 23:04 »
DISCONTINUED PROJECT