Out of Hell Topic  (Read 16854 times)

Vasdamas

• And cities will fall to dust...
Re: Out of Hell Topic
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 04:57 »
well. that is just a little problem, I notice the bad lag only happe in few aera, such as the lv 19, start of some lv like 7 and the last, it is playable and very good.

if snipe consider adding the pitch fork to KF' I'add that Kf shotgun should be double barrel, or SXS shotgun and that he should add the hunting shotgun from out of hell, such a fantastic weapon, Adding the SMG would be too much, because the gun is too powerfull and too good
Not sure if Out of hell developer will let you do this  :-\
Copyright and stuff  ::)

Read this http://www.outofhell.net/Faq.html
"Мой разум - основа моего поведения , а мое сердце – мой закон.Мне столь же мало нужен Бог, как я - ему"

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31 »
Audrey, you know the level where you had to find matches, firewood and stuff?

I explored around the map, found a door and proceeded to next level without picking up any matches and stuff. Did I find a shortcut or something?

Now I'm in Cedar Woods.

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 13:39 »
Vasdamas : These weapons are not so uncommun in zombie games, how many does have the chainsaw  in it?, a way or ther other ? just find something to say you did not copy it and you are okay, make some original textures..

When I nread his answer, I just happen to think he said, make your own.

Raj : well that is just a side quest, it will give hp, and hp is well welcome because, you'll fight those damn demons, and they are not fun to fight it.  The mod is not that big when you know it.  did you found the SXS shotgun ? it can help too.

N0w I think something like that could be encoutered in KF too, but soe copyright make me sad :(, sniff

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44 »
Oh, it was a side mission. Well, I got tons of choclate and drinks, a lot of weapons (knife, axe, pitchfork, all shotguns, etc). So no worries.

Didn't think I'd use the cheatsheet, but I did in Cedar Woods to skip the level. It was impossible to play. The main problem was the thick fog everywhere. And all those "smoke monsters" made the performance even worse. The whole level was a slideshow.

The performance of this mod is very bad. It runs pretty smooth in "inside" type of maps and a bit worse in the town areas, but the Cedar Woods level lagged the worst.

The levels look great. Probably the most detailed maps I've ever seen anywhere in UT2004 or its mods, but they're not well optimized.

A pic of a detailed Out of Hell forest:

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 22:10 »
It will all depend of your pc specs, Out of hell for me, has few lag, I never skip a level and have everything, if you shoot the floating eyes, shadow will cease to be a treat to your existance.

And That is want i love about the mod, the map are heavely detailed and well done, you always think you left something, you missed something, don't know why. there is even many funny secret for you to see.

For exemple, have you seen an UFO in outsirks, if no, then look again, I am searching it too.
 It make the game, just so real. the only thing not real is how can you have so many gun on you?  But well. it is a game

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 22:50 »
Just skipped another level. It also had thick fog/smoke.

No difference wether I play on highest settings or lowest. No difference if I set the fog distance to minimum.

Haven't seen the UFO.
Dunno about guns, but even more unrealistic part is that doors do not open - you press USE key and you'll be teleported to the other side of the door. If there's zombies right behind the door, they'll be telefragged. Like using a translocator.

Also, the after killing, the corpses disappear in less than second. Is it just me? If it's like this "by design", then that's pretty dumb.

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 01:43 »
NO, it is not, it is not you, the game is not perfect, so there is some poor thing like that and no boss, I find it sad too.

Telefragging zeds and corpse disappear is very poor, but well, can't do anything about it.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 05:01 »
Well, I finished it. One of the best singleplayer experiences I've had :)

[MiA]Pepe

• Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 05:50 »
Hmm I started but never had time to finish. Since u guys say it is good I will give it another try.

Over n out.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 13:59 »
Since I had to reinstall my UT2k4 because of OOH I guess I won't give it another try.

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 14:35 »
But, it takes very little times, all the files you have to download are just here, and it just have a few bugs or concept errors, well. zombies just vanishing from existance and some glitches, stuck place where you might step to never move again, ennemies can also be stuck.