Sugestions about the mod  (Read 17408 times)

[MiA]Pepe

• Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
Sugestions about the mod
« on: January 18, 2010, 21:04 »
I\'m here to say something about the mod. I always felt like the xbow was kind of lame lol. They sort of fixed that at the game (maybe too much). But they also killed the law (in every way "/). People barely use it Ive noticed.
I think something could be done about the xbow so we can use it more (nobody likes it, including me lol).
Maybe a little more damage and a melee stunt secondary option. Just some suggestions...
I have some ideas about the other weapons too but I would really like to see what you all think first.

Thx for reading this anyway :)

Over n out.

Snipe34

Re: Sugestions about the mod
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:32 »
I\'m here to say something about the mod. I always felt like the xbow was kind of lame lol. They sort of fixed that at the game (maybe too much). But they also killed the law (in every way "/). People barely use it Ive noticed.
I think something could be done about the xbow so we can use it more (nobody likes it, including me lol).
Maybe a little more damage and a melee stunt secondary option. Just some suggestions...
I have some ideas about the other weapons too but I would really like to see what you all think first.
Thx for reading this anyway <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Nice if the xbow could take out an FP if you hit the eye - hit box problem I guess.  But in "Carnivores 2" (a dinosaur hunting game about 10 years old now) you could take out the TRex by hitting its eye.  Awesome - it would slide to a halt in front of you.

Monsterboy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 21:13 »
Hey, it's me, Redneck.

I have a few suggestions, especially about equipment value. Mainly the hunting shotgun. In skilled mode it costs 600 with full ammo. If you already have one you get ~300 (can't remember the exact amount) if you sell it, so a new one with full ammo costs only 300. But if you buy full ammo for your shotty instead of selling it and buying a new one it costs 990! That's a bit silly. Buying a new gun (with full ammo) should be more expensive than buying ammo for a gun you already have. And not the other way around. I didn't check the other guns, but this one stood out.

I generally think you should make guns more expensive, but ammo a bit cheaper (and much cheaper for the hunting shotgun). Makes it more special when you get a new one.

Maybe you should get less money for selling guns as well, makes you think twice before you sell them. Who uses the handcannon or bullpup anyway except for fun during the first level maybe? Sell one of them and you have enough for a useful gun like the shotgun or Winchester.

I also agree about the crossbow. It's completely useless, even more than the two I just mentioned (ok, the bullpup is not that bad). If the aiming thing isn't possible maybe give it some other effect, like pinning enemies in place for a short while. Amount of time pinned could depend on enemy strength, like crawlers are pinned for 2-3 seconds while FP are pinned only for half a second. Could be useful to buy some time when they start to rush and your teammate needs to reload his LAW.

I would also give the melee weapons a bit more power. Maybe add another one that is more expensive, like a chainsaw. Right now you can only really use the axe and even that one only during the first 2-3 levels. And even then it is dangerous.

[MiA]Pepe

• Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:50 »
Damn I like all those  ideas, I really do! Getting those together: If you hit a fp's eye, you would be given some stunt special time to reload or even get a clean shot with a law!!!

Something else to think about (besides  only damage) would be a extra fun on strategy and team play.

I'll look for that Carnivores to see that for myself  (it must be a beautifull view^^)

That price lame thing is at the retail as well lol. You are actually very right, there would be another strategy extra fun thing in the prices too.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Over n out.

Snipe34

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 18:56 »
I think the gun problems happen because the mod makers are mainly UK and most of them never saw a gun or fired one, except maybe an air-rifle.  So cost of ammo, cost of guns, I think they got confused maybe?

And the semi auto pistol TWI fixed.  Semi-auto = fast as you pull the trigger (press mouse) the gun fires, but the mod pistol is not like that because I don't think they understood semi-auto.  I had a semi-auto rifle with a 15 shot mag, which I could empty in 3.5 (revise: it was 2.5) secs, or longer depending how fast I pulled the trigger.

But in nearly every game shotguns are underpowered at distances of more than several metres, but in reality, no way is pellet spread that wide that fast.  Shotguns are deadly with reasonable range.

So I guess all-up mod-makers should be allowed to have big guns to make games more realistic and because games also educate people :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 20:07 by Snipe34 »

[MiA]afx0r

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 21:09 »
ammo cost for HS will be fixed for 2.52 =P
it's a problem of single bullets ammo cost. I'll reduce the price of each.

[MiA]afx0r

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 21:49 »
hahaha i prefer a Hunting shotgun or simple shotgun than a XBow =P

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:38 »
hahaha i prefer a Hunting shotgun or simple shotgun than a XBow =P

or pistol :[   I only use xbow if I hate the map and don't want to suicide by nade.

And I finished making the spider.  Nearly finished sword pickup.   So I can make monsters.

Monsterboy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 20:14 »
Would be great if there was a larger monster variety. One more thing I noticed is that the game is incredibly easy with a decent team (team = two players) until you reach round 8 where the fleshpounds spawn in large numbers. All the other monsters are cannon fodder. The difference is huge really - before level 8 it is sometimes a bit boring because it's so easy and at level 8+ you get insta owned if you don't pay enough attention or one of your rockets misses.

Maybe you should make the other enemies more dangerous and/or introduce new ones.

The chainsaw guys for example are extremely slow, both their attack and walking speed. Once they come close it only takes one aimed shot with a hunting shotgun and they are history. Maybe make them a bit faster, they could also get a bit more health so you need at least two aimed shots with the hunting shotgun to get rid of them.

The sirens could maybe have a larger attack radius so their screams hurt when they are quite far away still. Would also make the ranged weapons like the Winchester more useful.

The crawlers could be a tiny bit faster, the pink zombies with the mutated arm (don't know the name) as well.

If you up the difficulty for the other enemies you could make the fleshpounds spawn a bit less often instead in later rounds.

I think that changes like these would balance the difficulty increase a bit. Not round 1-6 super easy, round 7 very easy and round 8-10 hard. In the end it's all about making some money in the first 6-7 rounds, then buy a hunting shotgun and law for the last 3-4 rounds. You can't do anything against fleshpounds anyway without law, so basically the challenging part of the gameplay is exclusively firing missiles. Would be nice if there was a challenge during the first 7 rounds as well. Maybe not at round 1 or 2, but at round 3+.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 21:30 by Monsterboy »

[MiA]afx0r

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 06:37 »
try playing elite or suicidal =P
with maxzombie 32 or 20 and more zombies per round =P

TheJP3372

• TheJP3372
    • TheJP3372
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58 »
wouldn't it be more greater if there was more weapons with iron sights? I have wasted plenty of bullets hitting the surrounding instead of the zombies :(

N3Cr0

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 14:10 »
wouldn't it be more greater if there was more weapons with iron sights? I have wasted plenty of bullets hitting the surrounding instead of the zombies :(
All you need is practice ;)

Look at me for example: often I shoot the Bullpup more accurate without scoping.

Just keep playing - you WILL learn how to shoot
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Snipe34

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 18:28 »
Thx for comment on utube too JP3372.  Iron sights good idea yep, that's how guns are designed =p   But the guy who conceived KF was European (Alex Quick) so I don't think he quite understood how gun are meant to operate.

Or secondly, maybe I'm wrong that he didn't understand how guns are made to operate, but he wanted the game very difficult, that a shooter has no time for iron sights but must aim on-the-fly.

Anyway as N3Cr0 says, aiming on-the-fly gets easier and it does - after a while you don't think twice but know where your shot will hit.  Presently, in-game, I suggest you hang back, let others go to the front or you'll do a lot of dying.

Also for the new weapons I'm incorporating more iron sights.  The Ultimax 100 has iron sights ready to go with the animation "raise"to sight them, but I don't know how to modify the code.
There'll also be more lights on the guns too.  But then theres the ALT problem - ALT is iron sights but with a lights, some keyboard keys will have to change.  Have to wait for scripter to return from courses at college... and because I really, really want to see the Browning 1919 I made firing!!

Currently working on dual MAC M10s with light and iron sights. (You might call them Uzis but on http://www.thehighroad.org I was corrected =p  btw the friendly people on that website also gave me a lot of help  with guns :)  ).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 18:29 by Snipe34 »

[MiA]Slim_Cognito

• you got a ship that needs some... improvements??
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 18:41 »
yeah, though aiming trough iron sights is easy in games, in real life this is rather difficult.... in games the sights are always straight. though if you really have to hold it right, it will prove rather difficult...

which makes iron sights not really realistic as it makes aiming really much easier than it is in real life

Snipe34

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 22:40 »
yeah, though aiming trough iron sights is easy in games, in real life this is rather difficult.... in games the sights are always straight. though if you really have to hold it right, it will prove rather difficult...

which makes iron sights not really realistic as it makes aiming really much easier than it is in real life

?  so what kind of gun were you using?