Sweety - Changing Your Toon Skin...  (Read 5988 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Sweety - Changing Your Toon Skin...
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:24 »
 :-X To Sweety,

Here is a way to change your toon skin yourself:

1. Download the skin you want to use from UTzone.de - http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=55.
2. Then install it. The *.upl and *.int goes to your KFMod20/SYSTEM folder. The *.ukx file goes to your KFMod20/ANIMATION folder. And the *.utx file goes to your KFMod20/TEXTURES folder.

Then you make the changes to the SOLDIER.UPL file you'll find in your KFMod20/SYSTEM folder. Use your notepad to edit the file.

Edit the code line ..,Mesh=place the name of your toon here. Then edit another code line ..,BodySkin=use the editor to open your toon textures file and type it here. Mine is BodySkin=ChuckNorrisSkins.ChuckNorrisBody. The you do the FaceSkin= place the head skin texture here you get from your editor. And finally, you do the Portrait= place the portrait texture from the editor here.

Run Killing Floor. Go to SETTINGS. Then to PLAYER and just click on your toon!

CODE is below.
Code: [Select]
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Soldier",Race="DRF",Mesh=ChuckNorris.ChuckNorrisAnim,species=KFmod.SoldierSpecies,BodySkin=ChuckNorrisSkins.ChuckNorrisBody,FaceSkin=ChuckNorrisSkins.ChuckNorrisHead,Portrait=ChuckNorrisSkins.ChuckNorrisPortrait,Text="",Sex=Male,Accuracy=+2.0,Aggressiveness=+1.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,CombatStyle=-1,Tactics=+2.5,FavoriteWeapon=XWeapons.RocketLauncher,Ragdoll="",Skeleton=KFSoldiers.Soldier,Menu="SP",BotUse=1)

Below is the original SOLDIER.UPL code in case you need it.
Code: [Select]
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Soldier",Race="DRF",Mesh=KFSoldiers.Soldier,species=KFmod.SoldierSpecies,BodySkin=KFCharacters.DavinSkin,FaceSkin=KFCharacters.GasMaskShader,Portrait=KFPortraits.SoldierPortrait,Text="",Sex=Male,Accuracy=+2.0,Aggressiveness=+1.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,CombatStyle=-1,Tactics=+2.5,FavoriteWeapon=XWeapons.RocketLauncher,Ragdoll="",Skeleton=KFSoldiers.Soldier,Menu="SP",BotUse=1)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 06:06 by poompoom500 »

[MiA]Sweety

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Better to reign in the Hell than serve in Paradise
Re: Sweety - Changing Your Toon Skin...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 19:51 »
hey poompoom

are you joking or.. what?

every skin from UTzone will work, in that way?

as far as I know skins need to be installed in the server first, or they will show just for me, and not for the rest of players? :O

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 20:08 »
 :-X To Sweety,

The server has to make the changes in their files OF COURSE. I did this tutorial strictly for your personal use on your computer.

[MiA]Sweety

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Better to reign in the Hell than serve in Paradise
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 20:12 »
... LOL!

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:20 »
 O:-) KF Mod Custom Skins,

UPDATE:
An easier way to change your KF Mod TOON/PLAYER.
1. Make a copy of your SOLDIER_DAVIN's *.upl file (or the soldier that you want to use for your custom player RESKIN).
2.COPY your CUSTOM toon's *.upl file (let's say Farnsworth.upl) to another location, then RENAME it to one of the KF Mod's SOLDIERS (Soldier_Davin).
3. Then EDIT it (Soldier_Davin.upl) using NOTEPAD. Change DEFAULTNAME="Farnsworth" to DEFAULTNAME="Soldier_Davin".
4. COPY/PASTE the edited Soldier_Davin.upl file to your KFMod20/System folder.
5. Run KFMod20. Go to SETTINGS. Then go to PLAYER. Your custom TOON should be there.