Gameplay - Exploiting - Madness  (Read 14275 times)

N3Cr0

Gameplay - Exploiting - Madness
« on: April 05, 2012, 23:23 »
Some people will hate me now, I think others will appreciate what I want to tell you:

Sometimes I'm seeing players standing somewhere zombies cannot reach them. If they would just do that to show the mapper there is something to fix: OK, but most times they just exploit this (I'm talking about serious games, no fun messing around plays) and have an unfair advantage. In my opinion that destroys the gameplay and feeling in this game.
My reaction to this pisses some people off, but I hereby declare to spawn a siren whenever I see someone exploiting the map.

If you agree with this: Fine! If not: fine, too - Just tell me what you think about it.

EDIT:
Before I forget: I also declare to stop spawning some stuff which makes the game unfair - not only which gives the players an advantage, but also a disadvantage. For example, we admins should not spawn some extra enemies when there is only one player left against Patty.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 23:46 by N3Cr0 »
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Snipe34

Re: Gameplay - Exploiting - Madness
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:10 »
if you really must, then probably a crawler to give the person a sporting chance  :D

N3Cr0

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:04 »
Hm... You cannot run away from a crawler on short distance -.-

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 19:02 »
You're good admin N3Cr0, keep it up :)

Feel free to ban the exploiters if they're not learning. People like Darkelarious and MasterChief come to my mind...

N3Cr0

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 21:51 »
As I already said: Raj has slowed the berserker a little bit too much - just my own opinion.
About standing on cars and banning: I will never ban anyone of you, nor kill him. I give you the chance to run away spawning an enemy. Also I will fix some maps next time to prevent exploiting - no trouble anymore.

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 00:14 »
moderation please.

Darkelarious and MC are not the Ca$h dudes.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13 »
Exploiters are selfish and don't give a damn about the game(play) or other players.
If they cared about others, they wouldn't exploit the game in ways to gain advantage over other players.

They're the kind people who buy aimbots.
Or they're just stupid and think by finding an exploit they done something outstanding. ;D

Yes I made berserkers slower. The usual outcome of boss wave had become everyone picking berserk perks and running around for like half an hour (usually not even winning), that's obviously not the way this game was meant to be played. I don't have time to waste. Something had to be done...

Darkelarious you can always start your own server. You'd love to use v2.5 where players have infinite 9mm ammo and no carry limits.

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 21:15 »
You have to buy aimbots  ???

I don't understand why some people don't just play single in gm

N3Cr0

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 21:34 »
[off topic]
...And I still don't understand that people: aimbots ruin the whole game, even for the cheater.
Ever played QuakeWorld with progamers?
Once I did and failed hardly. Next try: downloaded aimbot+radar - similar result, but I also had no fun because I did not have to aim.
NEVER MORE!

Snipe34

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 23:37 »
[off topic]
...And I still don't understand that people: aimbots ruin the whole game, even for the cheater.
Ever played QuakeWorld with progamers?
Once I did and failed hardly. Next try: downloaded aimbot+radar - similar result, but I also had no fun because I did not have to aim.
NEVER MORE!

I am pure ^^

Medic_Jockgoma9

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 19:05 »
Yes I made berserkers slower. The usual outcome of boss wave had become everyone picking berserk perks and running around for like half an hour (usually not even winning), that's obviously not the way this game was meant to be played. I don't have time to waste. Something had to be done...
Raj, in the few months that I have been playing the Killing Floor mod I have not seen one person switch to berserker to run away from the patriarch, and why are you people, that are supposedly the developers for this great mod, sitting around worrying about people "glitching and/or exploiting" maps when you should be doing your jobs and developing this mod, and raj are you trying to equate people that use maps to their teams advantage to hackers? Let me ask you this. Why would you be worrying about people that "glitch and/or exploit" to their teams advantage if there are people on the server using hacking clients? When the crud hits the fan nine out of ten times the people that you call glitchers and exploiters are the ones that save the game for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 19:12 by Medic_Jockgoma9 »

Snipe34

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 20:27 »
OMG some reading to do, later  :D

We all glitch, even just for a rest sometimes or for fun -don't we?!.  As Raj often says, use common-sense about these things.  Sometimes it can be irritating if everyone's died and there's a glitcher dragging the game out.  Mahl for example last night hanging outside the Offices window, but Patty got him.   Ionut_ hiding under terrain in the House on the Hill messed up the game - I was tempted to kick him, but I feel a little sorry for him.  But as JD says, we all got to die, and that's the KF game.  Otherwise, play it in Single and God Mode.

But Jock, the KF mod won't be extended or modified because Tripwire who own the KF content and name have forbidden it, to me at least.  I'm not complaining, as I've said elsewhere, they bought it, they own it.

I'm working on a similar style to KF using UDK.  I mean dark, broody, UK / German / European based with soldiers monsters and guns.  There's no way I want to copy the KF Mod - is not polite, even if I'm a big fan.   Anyway it will be Mission orientated with BIG guns and vehicles including a tank or tanks.  I made a lot of stuff for it already and people have tested it, but I have to learn to code.

And Darkelarious may help with some coding and others may also help.

O'Neal

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 21:12 »
But Jock, the KF mod won't be extended or modified because Tripwire who own the KF content and name have forbidden it, to me at least.  I'm not complaining, as I've said elsewhere, they bought it, they own it.
off topic
soo that mean mod will have a different name?what about characters?they will be changed to?weapons changes too or what?anyway there is something what could left from mod if will be redesigned,im asking because like this mod the way it is.

N3Cr0

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 21:16 »
off topic
soo that mean mod will have a different name?what about characters?they will be changed to?weapons changes too or what?anyway there is something what could left from mod if will be redesigned,im asking because like this mod the way it is.

If I understood it right it will be similar to a remake, but with new weapons and characters. Also a story. Gameplay will be similar but with the different style from other developers.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 15:19 »
 :troll:

Raj, I think you did mix up a couple of things here.

Quote from: [MiA]Raj on April 07, 2012, 11:13:16 AM
Exploiters are selfish and don't give a damn about the game(play) or other players.
Finding spots/places that are hard to reach to survive a zombie apocalypse does not immediately mean that you don't give "a damn" about other players: on the contrary, this alone saves other player's lives, because every zombie does not go after another player any more!

But that is not the point.

If they cared about others, they wouldn't exploit the game in ways to gain advantage over other players.
A spot/place which is hard to reach --emphasising that "hard to reach" does not necessarily mean "glitch/exploit"-- is not an advantage over other players, it is an advantage over the zombies, which is the point of co-op survival! This way, you could even say that it is more preferable, making it harder for the zombies to kill the entire time, thus increasing our shared chance of survival.

But that is still not the point.

They're the kind people who buy aimbots.
I didn't even know you had to buy those!

But how does "finding an unusual spot/place" equal using an aimbot? An aimbot does not protect you from approaching fleshpounds. An aimbot is still useless when you have to reload. An aimbot has *nothing* to do with standing on a car while shooting approaching zombies. I do not see how the comparison between "finding an unusual spot/place" comes close to being unable to shoot heads on your own?

Or they're just stupid and think by finding an exploit they done something outstanding.
Actually, that's exactly what I think: I found something of which nobody else has thought. I found a place where I can be more successful than using the run-and-axe-it approach. Standing on a car (replace "car" with any so-called glitch), I stand higher, so I can see zombies coming my way long before they attack me. Taking  cover behind a wall, I do not receive any damage from the siren's scream. So yes: I think I did something outstanding in finding a way to defend myself. And with me every other player in the game.

Imagine, would running away from the siren's scream count as glitching too, because it is unfair that the siren cannot reach you any more?

"Usually", implying that everybody is running around for "like half an hour" and that everybody fails in defeating the Patriarch by doing so. And even if so, what is the problem there? Firstly, if you are playing a game, you DO have time to waste or you wouldn't be playing. Secondly, how else will newer people learn to fight the Patriarch time and again if they are denied the practise and time to learn when to run and when to fight?

The experience I have here, is that when you see fit, you either login as administrator and load yourself up with guns, or hide behind a glitch that you so despise in this topic, and complain when people are trying to survive on their own. I observed a trend between people who try to defeat the Patriarch using tactics and the time they get killed by your crawlers, sirens or other fancy (s)pawns. The relation between the times that you die and the amount of times that you kill other players (one way or another), is almost as obtrusive as your comments in-game such as "booooring" and the player-in-question's death. I would almost think that you simply kill players because you are bored, or that the game is not interesting enough for you. It has come to my attention that you have no problem with spawning tanks and other vehicles, guns, or enabling big heads, miniature sized players and other pretty administrator abilities.

The argument that what we do, finding smarter locations and better tactics, is unfair towards other players has been completely contradicted by your very own actions. What we do is survive with the help of ingenuity and creativity. What you do, is complaining that we do not die as often as you please, for your amusement.

Either speak out loud "I do what I want in my server, and I decide what is fun and good regardless of what others think", or come forth and act with integrity and sincerity to make this a fun and fair game for everybody else as well.

Here, here! Darkelarious. You're a man after mine own heart! That is what I am trying to tell these people. Finding places that are out of reach by zombies is a matter of survival! And that is what this game is about, as the sub-title connotes.

Raj, in the few months that I have been playing the Killing Floor mod I have not seen one person switch to berserker to run away from the patriarch, and why are you people, that are supposedly the developers for this great mod, sitting around worrying about people "glitching and/or exploiting" maps when you should be doing your jobs and developing this mod, and raj are you trying to equate people that use maps to their teams advantage to hackers? Let me ask you this. Why would you be worrying about people that "glitch and/or exploit" to their teams advantage if there are people on the server using hacking clients? When the crud hits the fan nine out of ten times the people that you call glitchers and exploiters are the ones that save the game for the rest of us.

Another one after mine own heart! Medic-Jockgoma9, you practically expressed my sentiments. They are the ones that often times help save the game.

Wooohaaaa! Semper Fi, dudes.