Is it me...?  (Read 7598 times)

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
Is it me...?
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:30 »
The title leaves ya hangin ;P
Just so everyone knows, I'm Bigbigbuddy (You probably have seen me around no doubt). Been playing Killing Floor for a good while =] and just joined the website (fail I know) but I've never really been a fan of joining sites of games because I'd be busy playing the games. BUT any who, I seem to be having problems with the server =o

Lately the server doesn't show up, connection times are super slow or when I'm online on the server I'm booted out of the blue. I know it's not my connection because I am able to join all of my favourite UT2004 servers no problem shortly after trying to load MIA. When I open the server through the command console, it seems that it wants to download maps that I already have either in my cache or in my maps folder.

Any clue as to what is going on? o_o

Snipe34

Re: Is it me...?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41 »
Master Server gets broken sometimes.

2 ways around it:
1/ Copy / paste the IP from the page on the right of the main forum, and in your Server Browser, right click and Open IP, then CTRL-V   
2/ Same deal but for the IP, type in: gs1.miasma

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 02:41 »
Master Server gets broken sometimes.

2 ways around it:
1/ Copy / paste the IP from the page on the right of the main forum, and in your Server Browser, right click and Open IP, then CTRL-V   
2/ Same deal but for the IP, type in: gs1.miasma

As I said in my original post, I did that but it seems to want to download maps I have and now I'm left in spectator mode =P

N3Cr0

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:00 »
You have to download them because there is often another version on the server (time stamp conflict).
Normally it should downlaod very quickly because we put all maps on a redirect (which only we Germans cannot access - no connection. Honestly, I don't know why.)
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:33 »
Well the Maps are the exact same file name as the ones that I already have =P which shouldn't happen if there was a new update because of overwrite conflicts (which is why we add v.-insert number here- or FINAL to a map =P). Well I can get on now, which I'm happy about. P.S Anyone want to help my bro and I out on TheHive that would be great xD want to finish that so bad lol

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 13:21 »
Infinite downloading is caused by mismatches. Either you have a bad version or we have a bad version on redirect server. Erase your cache and delete the file and try rejoining (if you already have the map/file).

If it's still downloading forever, report it and we'll look into it.

And welcome to our community :)

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 04:10 »
Glad to be back Raj =] lol oh and it's fixed =P I cleared my cache for the second time and it seemed to fix it =]