Automatic Map Change For A Story Map...  (Read 5470 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Automatic Map Change For A Story Map...
« on: June 28, 2012, 00:49 »
 :drunk: KF Coders,

Have you played a map and gets left hanging with the map not exiting? Then you may need to add a SCRIPTED TRIGGER using the CHANGE LEVEL option.

Get the ACTOR browser from the editor and click KEYPOINT, and scroll down to AISCRIPT, then to SCRIPTED SEQUENCE, and then to SCRIPTED TRIGGER.

Place the SCRIPTED TRIGGER somewhere close to the exit of the map. Make sure you place a TRIGGER to activate the SCRIPTED TRIGGER soon as you finish all objectives. Then at the SCRIPTED TRIGGER, you ADD a WAITFOREVENT which will activate your CHANGELEVEL line (this is what makes the map change to another map). You have the WAITFORTIMER line that you can use to delay the activation (map change). And add a DISABLE SCRIPT line at the end (after the CHANGELEVEL line).

At the CHANGELEVEL line, when EXPANDED, it asks for URL. Type your next map here, for  example, KF-OldeTower. See picture below:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:28 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

Re: Automatic Map Change For A Story Map...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 00:35 »
hey poom I wasn't sure about that trigger because I could never be sure what maps were on the server.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
Re: Automatic Map Change For A Story Map...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 00:56 »
Well then, make it switch to another map you've created and release them as a set! :D :D
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.