New score-system - some thoughts  (Read 5830 times)

+$onIc_no0b

New score-system - some thoughts
« on: October 02, 2012, 15:53 »
There were some changes on the ONS Server. The Core's health went from 100 to 200 and eventually to 222. You don't get any points for destroying the core anymore and the points you get from building (and destroying?) nodes was reduced (half?).
As I've been playing for a while on this server and especially enjoying the berserk mode, I noticed some changes in the "behaviour" or the "strategy": As the points for the "non-fragging" were reduced, also the number of players caring for the outcome of the match decreased. At the same time, the numbers of "pure" spawnkillers and campers increased.
During some matches that I watched, there were pretty long intervalls, where no one was trying to build up the central node, but several players of each team were with their mantas at the corner node of the other team, and even as the central node was complete, spawnkilling was more important than destroying the corner node => central node gets lost => and so on.
In my opinion, teamplay has suffered a lot with these changes and I would recommand to increase the points you get for being a teamplayer, will say building nodes and attacking the core. The health of the core can stay that high, the losing team has more chances for a comeback.
But that's just my opinion, what do the other Onslaughterinos think?

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: New score-system - some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 18:04 »
I decreased the node award as a measure against high scoring players who do nothing but walking like zombies to a node and then heal it (hello Prdgy), 90% of the time not even actually finishing the node (not even halfway), never killing anyone and admiring their score.

Since you can build nodes twice faster in Berserk mode, there's no need for a big reward. (I did this only for the berserk mode)

And getting the score award for building the nodes has never been equal anyway - usually the first person to touch the node gets some points no matter if he even heals the node, rest of the points go to whoever directly links the node. Those who link up to a player who's healing the node receive nothing.

Anyway, this doesn't have to be permanent change, just post more feedback and I'll adjust it...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 18:08 by [MiA]Raj »

apex

• Tuner Racer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 19:15 »
. Prdgy  :-\

~ BELIEVE ~

Avi.BEST.noob

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 19:20 »
wow.... that is why i coudn't score that much..... hmmm....... i m with sonic on that :D MAKE score normal ...if possible :D

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 22:35 »
Shambler's ONSPlus code sorts out a lot of the teamplay problems. You get points for healing things proportional to your input - wherever you are in the chain.

+$onIc_no0b

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 19:11 »
At least the team gains some seconds til the node is destroyed, thanks to players like Prdgy. Other don't do any teamplay at all. Now there are some players, who constantly switch to the stronger team at the beginning (e.g. Cool, Name), the equalizer autoswitches a player (most of the time it isn't the one who switched) to the other team