KF-Docks  (Read 8642 times)

Rocky

• jaineshpathak
KF-Docks
« on: December 25, 2012, 15:06 »
Ok my next 2nd KF map = KF-Docks.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?78oniik1bypnd05.

Some Screenshots

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Re: KF-Docks
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:05 »
 :win:

That map looks really kool! I might try it.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:57 »
Wow, nice map!
Can't try it right now but it looks cool at first glance...

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:20 »
Looks nice!

But it doesn't show up on my map list in KF.   Loading the map in the KF editor, there is an error: DockStatics.usx, not found, although that file is included with the .zip   But your DockStatics.usx is only 1k so seems that file is broken.  The solution is either find the original DockStatics.usx, which will be be bigger than 1k, or delete the staticmeshes in your map from that file.

Minor note:  I'm not keen on separate files for .usx or .utx  Best thing is to bring those files into your map using the 'mylevel' area of your map... but probably later when and if you make another map.  It's good enough you made one map  :)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 12:44 »
 :hmm:

But it doesn't show up on my map list in KF.

Yep. Rocky keeps leaving out the Deco Text of the map. Just use editor to fill it in with the map's name.

Some screenshots below:

Rocky

• jaineshpathak
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 15:06 »
Looks nice!

But it doesn't show up on my map list in KF.   Loading the map in the KF editor, there is an error: DockStatics.usx, not found, although that file is included with the .zip   But your DockStatics.usx is only 1k so seems that file is broken.  The solution is either find the original DockStatics.usx, which will be be bigger than 1k, or delete the staticmeshes in your map from that file.

Minor note:  I'm not keen on separate files for .usx or .utx  Best thing is to bring those files into your map using the 'mylevel' area of your map... but probably later when and if you make another map.  It's good enough you made one map  :)

AH! Damn am so Foolish! The Orignal DockStatics.usx was in my C:\UT2004\StaticMeshes while the DockStatics.usx in the zip was I think the fake one of 1KB. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. The Orignal DockStatics.usx is of size of 1MB instead of 1KB which was in C:\UT2004\KFMod20\StaticMeshes.

Sorry for inconvenience guys :(.  I have repaired my Link.

Here is the new one: http://www.mediafire.com/?1t6uysvihhvdg80

Now it should Work.  :'(

From Now onwards I will not make this mistake in future. This is my Promise.

Is my Map really BIG for u guys? ???
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 15:13 by Rocky »

Snipe34

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 17:26 »
Please don't feel bad or guilty.  Anything to do with creating and art is about learning and expressing a unique vision of your creation.  You being negative or me will not help your inspiration  :)

The map works ok, and there's only a couple of small problems.   In the image below, monsters would not go through the gap to the arrow.  If I moved to the pathnode directly below the gap they did, so I suggest place a pathnode.

The Trader area has too many weapon pickups, maybe 1 pickup would be ok.  Pickups in diverse areas will force players to go all around your map.  But the way the map is now, players will stay only at the trader area.
In the image below add some zombie volumes because the zombies came from distant volumes and that took a some time and was a little boring.

Some suggestions.
In the image below, the Trader Area the lighting is atmospheric, shadowy, with light and dark areas.  The shadow under the walkway and the light coming from outside look realistic.  I like the lighting in Trader area of the map.  It fits with KF Ambience, dark and shadowy.
The map outside is too bright -but- that is only my opinion.  I would also suggest making the skybox darker, but you could place a light in there, perhaps like the moon.  But definitely darken down the outside.  Then under the lights, it's bright but elsewhere shadowy, similar to how it is at night.

Jyrki

• Perkele!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 18:10 »
Like Snipe said the outdoors looks bit too bright.

Invisible wall and...

Some texture bug.

AntiSeptic

• Update dropped my old pervert avatar
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 09:59 »
Look nice !

Can i have a forklifter ? :p