I don't get it...  (Read 16056 times)

Bungholio

I don't get it...
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:25 »
Hidoho all.  :)

I am wondering why total n00bs with no experience, can get scores like 200+ while top [MIA]members that I have seen online for years score much less.
So I speculatededledtedted or what ever it's called.
I noticed that they hardly ever fired a shot. Some of them could't even walk straight...  ::)
They step in a HellBender or a Scorpion, start jumping and in no-time they have a very nice score.

I don't give a fudged about points, I care about teamplay.
N00bs and idiots jumping with benders are worse then idle players... there useless for there team and they don't get kicked.
A couple of nights ago, I was online with 4 idiots, all doing the same thing.
I was the only one linking the nodes... Kinda boring. Why do you give players points for jumping with a vehicle?

A very nice day to all of you,

Lots of hugs and kisses if your female,

Mr Bungholio(NL)  :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:27 by Bungholio »

+$onIc_no0b

Re: I don't get it...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45 »
That's what I keep saying:

every since these "easy points" started, the teamwork kept on decreasing. Some players do nothing but stunts, standing on vehicles or each other to farm points while adding nothing to the teamplay.

Very excessively done at ctf face classic, where the mantadriver waits until at least three player jump on the manta to gather points even faster while blocking the manta. Just experienced the situation, where the other team got the flag, the flag carrier was running towards the base and wasn't stopped by the manta, because the driver was doing the "wait and gather points" thing.

Please remove these easy points for the sake of the teamplay.

Many thanks

Bungholio

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:35 »
Great 2 that you agree. I mentioned it while mapvoting, lots of people think it's dumb.
More and more players are finding out, so more players do it.

I didn't know about the Mantra points... I did that to.  :-[
I thought it was a nice that someone would give me a ride or vice versa...
There is this guy, that jumps on my back every no and then. Makes me feel like I am being molested.  ???  He calls it 'horsy riding'.
Can one get points for jumping on another player's back?

+$onIc_no0b

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 13:27 »
Yeah, you get points by standing on each other.

There are some professional score-farmers who know every trick...

And it's one thing to give someone a ride, but to wait until 3, 4, or more players are on the manta is a complete different story
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 13:30 by +$onIc_no0b »

Bungholio

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 13:34 »
I am sure something will be done about it.  ;)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 17:09 »
If a player desperately wants higher scores, I'll rather have him doing stunts than spawn camping and torturing newbies.

Bungholio

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 17:21 »
If a player desperately wants higher scores, I'll rather have him doing stunts than spawn camping and torturing newbies.

Spawn camping is annoying, but it's a strategy.
If 1 player can keep half a team at 1 node, they can not advance.
Next to that, they have a couple of seconds before they get killed.
I don't want to piss you off but I have been watching you in spec mode a lot during the last couple of years.  ^-^
Kinda weird that you complain about spawn killing...  ::)

Prdgy

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 17:20 »
Idea is nice but its designated to abuse :(
People who abuse not only get scores for nothing but they also waste player slots =/

Bungholio

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 18:11 »
Idea is nice but its designated to abuse :(
People who abuse not only get scores for nothing but they also waste player slots =/

Yes that's my point dude, there not playing, they don't care about teamplay and they take up players slots.
If this is allowed, then why not allow aimbots and such...

Couldn't you MIA guys 'n girls open a poll so you can see what people on this forum think about it?

Piglet

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 22:25 »
I agree. You get a player sitting in the home base flipping a scorp all game. Not only making the team one down, but also using up a team vehicle resource.

The server would be a better place without points for vehicle stunts or standing on someone's head.

Bungholio

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 01:12 »
Well, if you, the server admin agree, I made my point.

I hope you guys will do something about it.  :)

Prdgy

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 13:59 »
Yes, they are typical waste of bandwith, taken vehicles, taken player spot. Points from driving vehicle with someone are not that great but theyre ok imo, you help your team, cause you transport teammate to other place and you dont waste vehicle like a nob. Best solution imo would be remove scores for brainless jumping and decrease points/time ratio for teammates transport.

+$onIc_no0b

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 15:06 »
Second that

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 20:26 »
Alrighty then, these "rewards" will be disabled some time.

Thanks for feedback.

Piglet

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 00:29 »
Thanks Raj.

I appreciate that the coding of this took time and effort. I just don't think it's worked out as well as you hoped.

I have had the same sort of issue with features I've tried adding to "cuddles" freon (a ut2004 freeze-tag gametype for the hardcore point and twitch players out there). I took the mostly done code from Freon and fixed a number of bugs, added some features and enhancements. Some worked well, some bombed. We've ended up with a fantastic game at the end of it.

Playing freon helps hone aim, and explains why people think I cheat. I highly recommend it, if you don't mind being slaughtered by players with a far better aim than me.