Banned?  (Read 8996 times)

Flenser

Banned?
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:10 »
I was "permanently banned" tonight. I'll admit to manta squatting in the redeemer bay of Facing Worlds, but I thought that was OK since it's easy enough to shoot into the redeemer bay, unlike raptor squatting on top of the tower, which isn't cool.

Is that why I was banned, or did someone just dislike me? I generally play fair and try to even up teams when they're lopsided.

I emailed ons@miasma.org, but if anyone reading this would like to un-ban me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Flenser

Tween Killer

Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:44 »
I warned you about portal blocking and kicked you to make sure you got the message
You continued to block it anyway
I'll let you back in after 3 days
Temporary ban
TK
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:54 by Tween Killer »

sonic

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:51 »
Btw some admins like justice and apex say that enemy got rapor and so u can stop portal block but tween u say no portal blocking so..whats the real thing is it allowed or not @Raj?

galaxy

• ' stay true to yourself '
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 14:54 »
Block Portal is taken basically no serious crime, but there are players that do this all the time, and give no opportunity to use the Raptor. After three warnings, and they do not respond, you have to deal with the consequences.
GAL

sonic

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 15:41 »
Ok @Galaxy

sonic

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 15:45 »
hello need some help its saying DENIED code:xxxxx when i try to join MiA warefare any help?

Absolute_Madness

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 16:21 »
When you join the server, you agree with what i call "basic" rules like no aimboting, no map exploits etc etc.

Asking people if they want a aimbot program makes you suspicious and also means you have already used one,  even on 3rd party server ( yes you have been reported by someone who recorded you aimboting on a ctf server ).

You have been warned, kicked, banned many times, but nothing changed.

Banning you permanently is actually legit. I agree with Apex and Raj about their decision.

sonic

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 17:06 »
I even told xaanx and jean i was JOKING*

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 18:13 »
I agree with Absolute_Madness on this one. Aimbotting itself is an offense, but the distribution of an aim assisting program, or claiming to do so, is definitely worse, especially inside of a server where such a thing is banned. "Super-duper-mega" especially because it would make our server look bad if we let people freely distribute and use such mundane and inane methods of play.

Not only does aimbotting ruin the game for the rest of the players, it is actually infringing on Epic Games' EULA for UT2004 (found here, though they will likely not enforce it any more):

Quote from: Epic Games
5.                  CHEATING.  Nobody likes a cheater.  It's a disgraceful way to earn a win and really is an insult to those players who earn their wins in on-line games the old-fashioned way—WITH TALENT.  We're pretty hard on cheating in on-line games using the Software because it sullies the overall gaming experience and is JUST PLAIN LAME.  With that in mind if you are caught cheating in an on-line game using the Software we will immediately and permanently ban your CD Key.  At that point this License Agreement is automatically terminated and you must immediately delete this software from your PC.  Failure to comply with this last bit (deleting the software) may bring on the wrath of the lawyers.  Trust us…you don't want that.

And on a second note, where'd you get your copy of UT2004? Did you know that 860 other people have the same GUID as you? That usually means your cd key/license is an illegally obtained one, which is also pretty common for cheaters.

Not to mention that you've played in our server using another player's name, a server admin's name, and "iBOT," which is questionable enough...

There is always a good reason behind slapping a permaban on a player. I feel this one is appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 21:24 by [MiA]Njord »
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 20:38 »
Btw some admins like justice and apex say that enemy got rapor and so u can stop portal block but tween u say no portal blocking so..whats the real thing is it allowed or not @Raj?

There's no rule against blocking.
However, if an admin tells you to do something, you should listen.

Portal blocking isn't ethical, but we have a lot of other, bigger troublemakers to deal with. Such as iPRO.

Tween Killer

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 22:40 »
I warned you about portal blocking and kicked you to make sure you got the message
You continued to block it anyway
I'll let you back in after 3 days
Temporary ban
TK

Ban reduced to 1 day..... time served
Ban lifted

Flenser

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 00:36 »
Ban reduced to 1 day..... time served
Ban lifted

Excellent, thanks.

For the record, I wasn't raptor portal blocking, although (as I admitted) I was manta portal blocking, which I thought was acceptable. Also, I honestly didn't see any warnings. I don't often read the messages as they go by, if I'm actively fighting.

But thanks again.