UT2004 Mods  (Read 10254 times)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
UT2004 Mods
« on: February 25, 2010, 00:16 »
Map Packs:
Community Bonus Packs 1&2 are two excellent map packs. Gameplay and/or graphics at their best. Not sure if it's included in ECE edition, though. But if it's not, you must get it.

Unreal Community Map Packs are 4 great map packs.

Single Player mods:
Damnation: Hell Breaks Loose: It's steampunk time! A great single player campaign with 3rd/1st person view. Highly recommended!

The developers are currently doing a second project using this universe on the UT3 engine... edited by Codemasters. If somebody is interested...

Out of Hell: a visually stunning horror experience. Fight the undead and explore huge maps. Highly recommended! In development for 7 years. One of the most detailed mods I've ever seen!

MetaBall: A puzzle adventure game using a lot of physics. You are a ball and you move through the levels via a hub, earning stars and unlocking others. Great atmosphere... the developers were planing to do a UT3 version but they lacked motivation, and the official website is down. Highly recommended as well. Some screens are here!

Hollow Moon: A visual and audio experience, states the website... it truly is. Horror at its utmost. Grab it here.

Ashura: Dark Reign: Currently in tech demo state, this mod plan on giving UT2004 the feel on a sonic game... just try it, it's damn good!

Multiplayer mods:
Killing Floor: A scary experience. An awesome experience. Fight against hordes of zombies and weird monsters in co-op... truly outstanding ambiance, very polished and really far away from Left 4 Dead. Recommended, played a lot with friends.

NeoTokyo: NEOTOKYO is a first person shooter that aims to provide a visceral combat experience in a rich near future setting. The setting emulates combat between two cybernetically enhanced special operations groups, introducing augmentations such as thermoptic "active" camouflage and networked IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) systems to the urban close quarters combat genre. Players take the role of two opposing forces, the JINRAI and the IM-NSF (Interior Ministry National Security Force)..

Tactical Ops: Crossfire: A terrorist / counter terrorist mod. Very professional and lots of gamers around... they are already developping a sequel for UT3 and released a stand alone game on the first Unreal Engine. Recommended.

Spawn of Deflebub: An damn original mod where you have to shoot the others at third person view, with different kind of bullets in a little arena where you can build walls. A 8bit feeling makes it quite retro, intentionally. I had a lot of fun playing with friends! Highly recommended! :)

Deathball: A... sport mod. Really fun, you have a ball in the middle of the map and you have to send it to the adverse goal. No weapons, just the ball grabber/launcher, and only the one carrying the ball can die. Very teamwork oriented,
highly recommended.

Alien Swarm: An overhead co-op mod where you have to kick some Alien asses. For fans of Alien Shooter. Also features single player campaign!

LinUT: winter is coming... Developed by some friends, this is a penguins themed mod: you have to grab ice and construct your igloo! But the other team is here to do the same, the fastest wins. Let's throw some snowballs!
BTW: some parts may be in French.

USkaarj: RTS? In my UT2004? Yep sir. Go test it, it's worth a look :)

The Soulkeeper: A fantasy driver mod, with several classes, magic spells and swords, leveling and everything. I had a really fun time playing it with buddies as well. Their website isn't available yet (they're creating an independent game), that's why I'm linking the ModDB page.

Air Buccaneers: hot air ballons, pirates... very original, atmospheric, strategic and quite fun.

Troopers: Dawn of Destiny: Star Wars epic battles, on air and ground!

UnWheel: As its name suggests, it's a car racing mod. Very polished, it looks really professional, by the way.

Chaos UT2: Evolution: A shitload of weapons and items added, insanity guaranteed.

Unreal 4 Ever 2004: The sequel of the wonderful Unreal4Ever for UT99. Shitload of weapons as well.

Gunreal: A huge weapons modifications. Fucking insane.

Mutators:
Node Siege: a gametype which creates a mix of Assault/Domination on Deathmatch maps. As the node is placed randomly, the games are sometimes unbalanced.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:29 by [MiA]Raj »

[MiA]Pepe

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
Re: UT2004 Mods
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 23:45 »
Hey Ballistic Weapons is a damn good mutator too. Several weps with enchanced graphics and more.
And if you play BW + Zombies of Nightmare (a zombie invasion gametype for DM maps) it gets cooler \o/

http://www.runestorm.com/ <---- BW

http://www.utzone.de/ <--- Zombies of nightmare and more

I played almost every Mod / Mutator on that list hehehehe. I like the original idead of Alien Swarm. I didnt like Out of hell at all and then a patch came out fixing many thing and I didnt get a chance to play.
Air bucanners is funny ahahaha.
Cool list!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 23:51 by [MiA]Pepe »

Over n out.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:16 »
I would like to play those mods (BW/Zombies) but servers that host them have usually nobody online.

[MiA]Pepe

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 04:53 »
Yea, I've been throught that same problem as well. And I've never seen a Zombies of Nightmare server... BW I know theres some. Mostly BWDM and occasionaly a ONSBW.

Over n out.