October CTF cup  (Read 5228 times)

sonic

• Full MemberĀ 
October CTF cup
« on: September 30, 2014, 19:01 »
This message is from velouria.

My dear friends,

It's been too long. 10 years in fact, since this game began. I contact you, once again, to let you know that this October we are going to run a new cup, a very special cup in honor to these years we played together or, most likely, against each other.

I know, most of you are retired now. But hey, why not say goodbye with a damn rocket launcher in your hands hu?

As you might have heard, Epic Games has officially announced the creation of the new series of UT: UT4. Thanks to that many old players, and new ones, have gathered together to contribute creating this new game. The new series will probably be out at the end of 2015, meantime, a massive community from all the UT series has united to perfect this new edition and, through that, we were lucky enough to make some new contacts inside Epic Games; which we hope - but still don't know for sure- will sponsor us.

That I know, there has not been yet a UT2004 CTF cup featuring money prizes. We got 400 euros already in the pot, and this alone from players' donations during this last week. We plan now that we have a forum, a website and a promo video, to contact the sponsors.

In other words, this cup is gonna be awesome and I'd love it if you were part of it somehow.

There are many things to be done.

For one, you could be a player since this cup is not a clan cup but a so called draft cup. I explain: a draft cup basically is a mix between all kind of players from different skills. The idea is to be able to mix up players from different communities, pings and levels in order to, more or less, balance the teams this way. Avoiding the usual pro formations, for one. Therefore anyone, even you who has not fire a gun in years, would have the chance to do well in this cup.

If you would like to SIGN UP, you only need to do it in 2 places:

1) The website - on the right menu, in small small letters you will find "Player Sign up". Click there ;)

www.prounreal.org/mlut/news.php?c=116

2) The forum - in order to know more or less the skill of the players, we ask from everyone to post a "qualification form". Don't be too modest ;)

www.prounreal.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1172262#1172262

If you do not feel like playing but you would still like to be "on" it, why don't you help us with COVERAGE? I know some of you have the skills and the right personality for this, proven over and over through the years. We look for people who could stream matches, shoutcast or write reports and interviews; or simply just people who would like to post in the forum :)

If you are not the ego-star kinda guy, you could just tell your old mates or whoever is around you that we are running this cup. We could use some SPAMMING and some AVERTISING :) Spam binds are most welcome; IRC, ClanbaseRadio, XFIRE, SKYPE, Forums or yelling in the street in you remote country. Why not.

If all those options are still too much work for you, well you know the simplest thing of all: DONATE some money for a good cause here. Not only starving children need money, we are all starving to make a unique cup; most probably the last cup (damn, I wonder how many times I said it was "the last" in this game).

For fun and laughter! For the good old times! I got seriously melancholic while adding each one of your emails to this letter. You have all been part of this unique experience at one point or another; some of you were close friends and others even closer enemies but together, somehow, we were the weirdest of families.

I am officially inviting you to come back, for UT2004 sake.

I hope I'll see you soon again. Back in black.

Vel

P.S: Some of you probably have no idea who I am, that is okay, I could not recall all of you either.

P.S II: You will need to register both on the website and on the forum in order to post ;) *coughs*

Cup promo :

via : NoT

sonic

• Full MemberĀ 
Re: October CTF cup
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 19:02 »

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
Re: October CTF cup
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 14:36 »
Interesting. I'd join in but college is sapping too much of my time, so I might not.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.