How to kill a dying game in 2 steps  (Read 16374 times)

Right

Re: How to kill a dying game in 2 steps
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2024, 09:52 »

no one is having fun, this map really needs to be deleted, notice how everyone leaves and no one wants to play this map, thankfully Nardaq noted this for the sake of the server, It's clearly a non-VCTF map

Ok, that must be my unfamiliarity with what a VCTF map is.
I just started coming up (3 times!) on this one. :-[

Not as an excuse  O:-), but I have been playing VCTF since the end of 2022 and am just now starting to get the hang of the maps and fine-tune my gameplay.
So speaking from there I miss the original maps it screws up my planning  :(.

Piglet

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2024, 13:35 »
Not all maps have to have vehicles to be fun. I personally think it's fine to have a few non-vehicle maps. If people don't want to play them they don't need to vote for them.

sup

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2024, 14:54 »
Not all maps have to have vehicles to be fun. I personally think it's fine to have a few non-vehicle maps. If people don't want to play them they don't need to vote for them.

exactly, this is a prudent attitude from someone who thinks about the server and not about personal preferences, people used to vote for this map and it was deleted, because, according to nardaq "I had some advantage there" (although, as u can see, I lost this match in this video that Right posted)

If players are not happy with a map, they simply don't vote for that map, it's as simple as that, the need to delete a map is proof that it was a popular map

Right

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2024, 20:11 »
And again I'm a bit lost.

Are you okay with Magnet being gone, Sup?

Because I think this was played quite often in the bit more than a year and a half that I have been playing and it was fun. In any case, I found it entertaining and still quite a challenge for me to learn multiple route and spots in it.

I certainly can't judge the reason for removal, but the players choose and played it.

That said, it raises another general question for me: is warfare now the collection of VCTF, AS and ONS or specifically VCTF?
Should ICTF be mention in this question or even added as an fourth option?

If any of these are chosen, 12 of the 16 players immediately leave or go to spec (including me).
Isn't that a reason to remove it too?

(maybe is this an own topic worthy)

Piglet

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2024, 21:19 »
Please can someone list the maps they miss, and I'll have a look at them.

There was some heated admin chat about maps that I didn't much follow...

duke

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2024, 23:03 »
1. MAGNET
2. MAGNET
3. MAGNET

I can't put enough emphasis on "magnet".

sup

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2024, 23:08 »
1. MAGNET
2. MAGNET
3. MAGNET

I can't put enough emphasis on "magnet".

U can actually look:

>>>>> MAGNET <<<<<

sup

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2024, 23:10 »
Please can someone list the maps they miss, and I'll have a look at them.

There was some heated admin chat about maps that I didn't much follow...

Nardaq had removed concrete, collateral, spacestation, magnet, etc. But justice put those maps back with the exception of Magnet
I believe that some other maps were also removed, but I don't remember, Justice knows everything

Harris

• T-800
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2024, 06:17 »
Once upon a time there was a map called Streetfight v2 on the maplist, if it ever comes back, it will be much appreciated :)

Piglet

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2024, 16:15 »
Magnet's upper section is probably the issue. Only the bunny-hopper-trials players can get up there reliably in a firefight

Right

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2024, 17:03 »
I think I am a bunny hopper but I have been up there at least 3-5 times in almost 2 year.

Serious: It can not be so that maps need to go because players can not learn or do not learn the moves.

I even if it could save me, I can not master dogde- and wall jump but i will not complain or expect maps be deleted because of that.

(So even if you see me dodge, that is not on purpose)

JP

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2024, 17:40 »
Bring back magnet

sup

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2024, 18:59 »
Magnet's upper section is probably the issue. Only the bunny-hopper-trials players can get up there reliably in a firefight

actually any player can go there with a simple double jump in the lift

At first no one knew how to go there, now many players have learned, I don't understand why remove maps that everyone likes and develop players' game play.

As u can see, even Hell can do it:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 19:04 by sup »

duke

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2024, 11:57 »
But that should incentivize other players to improve since it's really not that difficult to get there (from a technical standpoint, different story if you're running away with the flag obviously).

Also, even if you went for the flag and straight for the first floor you'd fail most of the time, it's not easy to get up consistently as one would think. Watch replays of me, sup or dark f.e. and see the percentages for yourself. Usually it's 1 out of 4/5 attempts made, if that. The elevator/ramp is easy to block. Plus there's usually at least 1 player in each time who can reach the upper floor, so a deadlock doesn't occur that often from what I've witnessed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 12:04 by duke »

Piglet

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2024, 15:03 »
I have been in games where the flag carrier sits up there for ages while none of the other team can reach them